Meridian HealthCare is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to us when you visit MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites, as well Meridian HealthCare pages on other sites (such as our profiles on social networks).
- Meridian HealthCare collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
For example, by completing a “Contact Us” form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by Meridian HealthCare.
- Submitting PHI on this site is considered the user’s written authorization and opt-in to marketing materials like emails.
○ Please note: If you submit your information to register for a Webinar and/or Live Hangout that is hosted by Meridian HealthCare and a host(s) of another website – the personally identifiable information you provide to attend that webinar and/or live hangout will be shared with and retained by Meridian HealthCare AND the other host(s) of the hangout.
- Meridian HealthCare collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit our website. This is not considered PHI and is not subject to HIPAA.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites, to send it content and other information.
- The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”).
- The date, time, and duration of a website visit.
- If a computer accesses a page on MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non-MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites page.
- Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1).
- The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites; and
- The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites to a computer. Meridian HealthCare does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites are used.
- Some pages on MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites services.
For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some
MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites pages: YouTube.com; Vimeo.com; Flickr.com; SlideShare; Scribd.com;
- These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. We do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video.
Utilization of Collected Information
- Personally identifiable information is submitted by you into the forms on our websites. This submission is considered the user’s written authorization for use of the PHI.
- Meridian HealthCare uses a third-party analytics providers including but not limited to Google Analytics to analyze the data collected through the session and persistent metrics cookies to enhance the website, our services, and our advertising. The third-party analytics provider does not receive personally identifiable information through these cookies and does not combine, match, or cross-reference MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites information with any other information.
- Meridian HealthCare uses web measurement and customization technologies to make MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website. This means that when you visit a page on MeridianHealthCare.net or a partner site, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file (commonly called a “cookie”) so that our website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites in the future. These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
- Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted.
- Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for defined amount of time.
- MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites use the following web measurement and customization technologies
- Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
- Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites, which can improve a user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. When a visitor views a welcome, also known as a “landing page” – MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites sets a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites sets other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
How do you use the information?
- Site activity information. We keep track of the actions you take, such as the pages you visit, how long you visit, the links you click on, form submissions, and downloads.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access our site from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- Cookie Information. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make our site easier to use and to make our advertising better. For example, we use them to store your email address or login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to our site. We also use them to confirm when you reach certain pages on our website (like a download or checkout page). Cookies are used to tell us when you are interacting with our advertisements and to personalize the ads you see about us.
HealthCare may share the aggregate information it collects with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties. Our advertising partners including but not limited to Google, also place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites in order to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit their website or online service or websites in their networks.
- Email Marketing. Meridian HealthCare maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of Meridian HealthCare email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list subscribers to persons or organizations outside MeridianHealthCare.net. Messages sent from Meridian HealthCare to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed. Our email analytics providers, also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
- In accordance with HIPAA, an email address is only collected if submitted by the user, who has the ability to easily opt out at any time.
- Links. When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site.
MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
- Below is the current list of official Meridian HealthCare pages on third party websites.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of Meridian HealthCare or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from Meridian HealthCare.
You must not:
a). Republish material from our website without prior written consent. Sell or rent material from our website.
b). Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy, or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
c). Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing-related purpose without our express written consent.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Use Of Testimonials
In accordance with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following: Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio, or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. They are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. Written authorization is obtained before publishing a testimonial that contains PHI, in accordance with HIPAA. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevant for the general public.
Meridian HealthCare is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on http://MeridianHealthCare.net. Meridian HealthCare is not a forum for testimonials, however, provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by management of Meridian HealthCare. Meridian HealthCare does not share the opinions, views, or commentary of any testimonials on http://MeridianHealthCare.net – the opinions are strictly the views of the testimonial source.
The testimonials are never intended to make claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Any such claims, implicit or explicit, in any shape or form, have not been clinically tested or evaluated.
Any advertisement or marketing material for a product or service is not personalized and should not be taken as a diagnosis or prescription.
Any description of a patient or set of symptoms on this site or in marketing materials is fictitious and does not describe a real patient. Any similarities to a real person or situation are coincidental and are not considered PHI.
Customer Rights to Personal Information
- Customer may unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication we send you. If you want us to remove all personal information – including name, email, mailing address please contact info@MeridianHealthCare.net with your request to delete your profile.
- Customers may remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our site. Before blocking cookies – we highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:
http://blog.hubspot.com/in–defense–of–tracking–cookies http://lifehacker.com/5461114/fact–and–fiction–the–truth– about–browser–cookies
- Customers may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.
○ To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit –https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748
○ To opt-out of Google advertising visit – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
○ Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
○ To opt-out of Perfect Audience advertising visit – http://ib.adnxs.com/optout
- Meridian HealthCare takes reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites or voluntarily submitted to MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to
MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Meridian HealthCare accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts.
- Meridian HealthCare utilizes commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information, and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on
MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
- Children and Privacy on MeridianHealthCare.net and our partner sites: Meridian HealthCare believes in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us at info@MeridianHealthCare.net.
- Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, Meridian HealthCare requests that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Meridian HealthCare uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Meridian HealthCare makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contain on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided ‘as is’ without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall Meridian HealthCare or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury, or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if Meridian HealthCare has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.